6.0L Powerstroke Passenger Side Valve Cover Removal
- Remove CAC tube from Turbo to Intercooler.
- Unplug and Remove the Glow Plug Controller.
- Unplug the ICP connector (2003 engines skip this step)
- Remove the Glow Plug Controller bracket.
- Unhook the heater bypass hose and position aside.
- At the passenger battery, remove the alternator supply wire and position the harness aside.
- Unbolt the transmission dipstick hold down and position aside.
- Unclip the wiring harness off the valve cover bolts.
- Unbolt and unplug the MAP sensor and position aside.
- Remove the bolts for the valve cover. Remember position of studs and bolts. A 12mm swivel 1/4inch can be used to access back corner bolts OR removing the wheel splash side gains access with a ratcheting wrench.
- Carefully remove the valve cover. Not an easy task. May be easier to remove the ICP sensor on 04-up.
- Actual steps involving injector removal are covered on page 4 of this article.
If your following these directions for the cylinder head removal, then continue to remove all injectors and refer back to the head removal article. If you are performing a head stud install without removing the cylinder head then you may stop at step 11. The injectors do not need to be removed to install head studs without removing the cylinder heads*.
The next page is about removal of the Drivers Side (bank two) valve cover.